Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C fan motor capacitor wiring

Somebody please help me lol I found a similar post to mine but my wiring is a little different. My fan motor went out and it was a three wire system (black,orange,purple). My replacement motor is a Ao Smith model number Fse1036sv1 and has five wires. (green,brown,brown/white,yellow and black). It has a dual run capacitor 35+7.5.

Heres what Im doing I ran the brown wire to the fan side of the capacitor. Then the brown/white wire is ran to the common side of the capacitor. The yellow and black and ran to line 1 and line 2 of the contactor. The green wire is grounded to the unit.

I keeping blowing the breaker and the fuse what am I doing wrong??? THeres four thermals for each part of the capacitor (four for the fan, four for the common, four for the herm) Is there a certain thermal you have to put each wire on theres no thermal in the center just four thermals in a square PLEASE HELP!! thanks

Also theres a wire running from the contactor to the capacitor common side of the capacitor almost like a jumper wire.
    Last edited by Smitty5534; 05-27-2011, 03:39 PM.

switch black and yellow to opposite side of contactor. Also, your new motor may require a different size capacitor and should be replaced anyway when replacing a motor.
    It is what it is.......

Comment

The old motor had the black and orange wires going to what I believe line 1and line 2 of the contactor and when I got my new motor I just put the wires back where the black and orange wires on the contactor. Your saying to switch sides on the contactor? And yes the new motor needed a bigger capacitor for the fan motor buy the compressor side was the same and I already took care of that. Thanks again for any help

Comment

tell me what colors you have from the new motor (all of them)
        It is what it is.......

Comment

yellow, black,brown, brown/white,green

Comment

ok. DO you have a dual run capacitor or a single for just the fan only?
            It is what it is.......

Comment

Originally posted by hvactech126 View Post
              ok. DO you have a dual run capacitor or a single for just the fan only?
              I have a york with basically the same problem. My blower wheel went out and I had it repaired and rebalanced now I cant remember where the green ground wire goes! Once I reassembled the unit and turn it on it trips the fuse panel. Anyone know where the green ground wire goes? I'm lost, confused and sweating!

Comment

Originally posted by dbcouper1 View Post
                I have a york with basically the same problem. My blower wheel went out and I had it repaired and rebalanced now I cant remember where the green ground wire goes! Once I reassembled the unit and turn it on it trips the fuse panel. Anyone know where the green ground wire goes? I'm lost, confused and sweating!
                green goes to cabinet ground. Paul

Comment

I went back through and verified all connections were good all seemed good. It may be my ground location . Take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think.

Comment

The green ground wire can go anyplace to the furnace chassis equipment (ground) Look at your system's ladder or point to point wiring diagram. It will tell you what color wires go where. Basically on the contactor, you have two lines that go to the supply. They are marked L1 and L2. L1 is most often the HOT wire, L2 is most often the NEUTRAL. Load wires like to a motor are T1 and T2. Control wires are also marked but more less a smaller gauge wire. Control voltage is always 24 volts and comes off a step down transformer. One side of the transformer can be tied to the chassis ground, the HOT goes through a fuse. The transformer's wire designation is H1 and H2 for the hots, X1 and X2 for the secondary leads.

Comment

blower motor capacitor wiring!?

things are slowly making sense now. I was told by the repairman that that my blower motor is bad! He said my 50a50 may be bad and hardwired the fan motor bypassing it. The replacement motor is f48h02a01. The old one is a f48l37a50. as it relates to the motor run capacitor I'm also replacing when you look at it from the front (label facing outboard) which of the brn or brown/white wires goes where? I appreciate your help! How does the ground look?

Comment

ground wire is fine. its going around the rubber shock mounts on the squirrel cage fan enclosure. the capacitor leads brown and brown/white goes to the common and one side of the cap for the run winding. the motor diagram should show which side is the run winding and its capacitor rating in mfd.

Comment

This ought to be it!s

Take one more look and let me know how it looks I haven't restarted it yet because I can't find wiring diagram that is simple enough for me to understand.

Comment

according to diagram brn and brn connect to capacitor. wht is neutral. blk is high speed, blu is medium speed, red is low speed. the blk, or blu or red connect to the hot line terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by dbcouper1 View Post
                              Take one more look and let me know how it looks I haven't restarted it yet because I can't find wiring diagram that is simple enough for me to understand.
                              I can,t see you wiring, but Two browns on cap. White common
                              Figure out what speed you want for heat and cool any unused speed wires go on post marked spare, park, or unused motor wires. Do not put more than one speed wire on a hot post or you will burn up the motor. Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =