TXV replaced, filter drier was not

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HotOrCold
    New Member

    • Jun 2011
    • 1

    #1

    TXV replaced, filter drier was not

    3 ton Trane heat pump, about 10 years old

    A tech replaced the TXV on the evaporator today and I noticed he did not replace the filter drier. In fact my system does not even have a filter drier installed. Is this normal? Should I call the company and have them install one?

    I was under the impression that any time the system is opened the filter drier should be replaced.

    Thanks
  • paul52446m
    Journeyman

    • Nov 2009
    • 690

    #2
    Originally posted by HotOrCold
    3 ton Trane heat pump, about 10 years old

    A tech replaced the TXV on the evaporator today and I noticed he did not replace the filter drier. In fact my system does not even have a filter drier installed. Is this normal? Should I call the company and have them install one?

    I was under the impression that any time the system is opened the filter drier should be replaced.

    Thanks
    If they pulled a good vacuum on the system it should not be unnecessary for a drier. paul

    Comment

    Trending

    Collapse

    • hawkins111
      Laser 730 over firing
      by hawkins111
      Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
      The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
      11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
    • 911Restoration
      Fireplace Woes
      by 911Restoration
      Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
      09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
    Working...