Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kink in a/c high pressure line

I am only getting anywhere from a 10-12 degree drop across my A coil. Unit will not keep up with the heat load of the house, starts to get warmer in the house when it's in the 90's and the unit will run all day until it cools off in the evening.
    Checked my refrigerant charge and seemed a little low as the suction line wasn't even cool, added a "little" R-22 and the low side went up but the high side went down for some reason. I've never seen this happen in the 27 yrs I've worked on a/c's. After checking the unit out for blockages (A-coil, filter changed every 30 days, dirty fan) everything was as clean as when I cleaned it 2 years ago. I did find however that the high pressure side line has a kink in the line about 1 foot above where it connects to the A-coil that I didn't see before, how much is this going effect the cooling operation?

depends on how bad the kink is. the kink will in effect be a pressure drop area like an orifice before the regular evaporator. try putting a flaring tool clamp of the proper diameter around the kink and restore the tubing to the regular diameter. suction side is around 50-70 lbs and high side around 320

Comment

Originally posted by KSever View Post
      I am only getting anywhere from a 10-12 degree drop across my A coil. Unit will not keep up with the heat load of the house, starts to get warmer in the house when it's in the 90's and the unit will run all day until it cools off in the evening.
      Checked my refrigerant charge and seemed a little low as the suction line wasn't even cool, added a "little" R-22 and the low side went up but the high side went down for some reason. I've never seen this happen in the 27 yrs I've worked on a/c's. After checking the unit out for blockages (A-coil, filter changed every 30 days, dirty fan) everything was as clean as when I cleaned it 2 years ago. I did find however that the high pressure side line has a kink in the line about 1 foot above where it connects to the A-coil that I didn't see before, how much is this going effect the cooling operation?
      Interesting. What size is your air con? How large is your furnace and what blower do you have in it? Do you have the model no. of furnace? The reason i am asking these question is. If you are moving too much air across the coil, your temp. difference would come down like you have. Also your suction would not be cold, and that can make your compressor run hot, get tight and not run to full RPM. So will not pump as much gas. Are your amps up too hi on the compressor? Are you sure that you compressor is running all day or is it kicking off and on from over heat internal over load?
      If your kink was restricting the hi side, i would think the hi side pressure would go too hi. Are you sure you got the right amount of gas in the unit.
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =