Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan replace on Compressor unit, What Have I done ?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan replace on Compressor unit, What Have I done ?

I have searched and found a few posts that helped, but still have questions. I replaced the GE motor and dual Capacitor in my compressor unit, yesterday. The old motor was a 3 wires (Black Yellow and Brown) and the new one is a 4 wire Black, White, Brown and Brown w/ white stripe). The new Cap is valued to the new motor and has more terminals on the three input things. Anyway, I got the new motor mounted and the wires from the old Cap , transfered to the same connectors on the new Cap. So now I have a Brown w/ white stripe left over. The diagram on the motor, just showed both brown and Brown w/ white going to Cap. and the new Cap has two terminals on the fan. So I put both on "FAN". Turned unit on and the fan ran slow, got hot and shut down. So I kill the power, let it cool down, expecting the worst ! So as I was relooking at all the wires, I decide that the only thing that changed is the white stripe wire. So I disconnect it , tape it off and power up again. This time it runs perfect. Cycles, as it should, and at normal speed. What Have I done and where does that Brown w/ white strip wire go ?

the brown and brown with white marker goes on the capacitor. the other two wires go to the fan contactor.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =