Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No registers

We are thinking of buying an 100 year old house. However there are 4 bedrooms upstairs but none of them have heat registers in them. There is 1 in the hallway. Is this normal? the realtor told us that there was probably enough heat coming up the stairs to keep it war. I think it is a problem but my husband doesn't think so
    What do you think??
    We live in ontario
    Last edited by waltons; 09-13-2011, 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling

My house was constructed in 1910. There are no registers in individual rooms in the walls but there are "through the floor" openings, "registers" if you will because the house is heated from a central heat source on the first floor. This heat source is a Monitor vented kerosene heater. The heater uses a fan forced air flow system through a heat exchanger and into the room. An auxillary coal or wood stove complements the Monitor system for whole house heating. Because of the way the house is situated it is nearly impossible to install a hydrionic baseboard system.

Comment

Originally posted by waltons View Post
      We are thinking of buying an 100 year old house. However there are 4 bedrooms upstairs but none of them have heat registers in them. There is 1 in the hallway. Is this normal? the realtor told us that there was probably enough heat coming up the stairs to keep it war. I think it is a problem but my husband doesn't think so
      What do you think??
      We live in ontario
      You can still buy those ceiling to floor register. They are about 12"x12" with a collar between them. The floor register has a damper to control the gravity
      air flow to control the temp. Paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =