Coleman Residential II Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • redneckg33k
    New Member

    • Oct 2011
    • 1

    #1

    Coleman Residential II Problem

    We recently moved into a trailer with a propane furnace, Coleman Residential II, model #7655-856, the original tank was empty, so when I got the propane tank filled, and the pilot light lit, the furnace will not turn on.
    There is a switch on it that says CONT or AUTO, it works when I put it on CONT, but won't come on when I put it on AUTO.
    I set the thermostat higher then the room temperature, and it will not turn on.

    Anybody have any ideas why? I'd like to see if this can be fixed myself before calling a professional.

    Thanks
  • paul52446m
    Journeyman

    • Nov 2009
    • 690

    #2
    Coleman Residential II Problem

    Originally posted by redneckg33k
    We recently moved into a trailer with a propane furnace, Coleman Residential II, model #7655-856, the original tank was empty, so when I got the propane tank filled, and the pilot light lit, the furnace will not turn on.
    There is a switch on it that says CONT or AUTO, it works when I put it on CONT, but won't come on when I put it on AUTO.
    I set the thermostat higher then the room temperature, and it will not turn on.

    Anybody have any ideas why? I'd like to see if this can be fixed myself before calling a professional.

    Thanks
    Are you saying that the burner comes on when you have the cont. switch on or is it just the blower that comes on? Does this furnace have a electronic board
    on it? If it does try jumping out the R and W post and see if it fires.

    Does the furnace have a inducer fan to purge the gases out?
    Is this electric ignition or did you have to lite the pilot.?
    Is there wires going to the pilot?. Not familiar with furnace, so need more info from you. Check for limit switches that might need resetting. Paul

    Comment

    Trending

    Collapse

    • hawkins111
      Laser 730 over firing
      by hawkins111
      Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
      The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
      11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
    • 911Restoration
      Fireplace Woes
      by 911Restoration
      Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
      09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
    Working...