Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Residential II Problem

We recently moved into a trailer with a propane furnace, Coleman Residential II, model #7655-856, the original tank was empty, so when I got the propane tank filled, and the pilot light lit, the furnace will not turn on.
    There is a switch on it that says CONT or AUTO, it works when I put it on CONT, but won't come on when I put it on AUTO.
    I set the thermostat higher then the room temperature, and it will not turn on.

Anybody have any ideas why? I'd like to see if this can be fixed myself before calling a professional.

Thanks

Coleman Residential II Problem

Originally posted by redneckg33k View Post
    We recently moved into a trailer with a propane furnace, Coleman Residential II, model #7655-856, the original tank was empty, so when I got the propane tank filled, and the pilot light lit, the furnace will not turn on.
    There is a switch on it that says CONT or AUTO, it works when I put it on CONT, but won't come on when I put it on AUTO.
    I set the thermostat higher then the room temperature, and it will not turn on.

Anybody have any ideas why? I'd like to see if this can be fixed myself before calling a professional.

Thanks
    Are you saying that the burner comes on when you have the cont. switch on or is it just the blower that comes on? Does this furnace have a electronic board
    on it? If it does try jumping out the R and W post and see if it fires.

Does the furnace have a inducer fan to purge the gases out?
    Is this electric ignition or did you have to lite the pilot.?
    Is there wires going to the pilot?. Not familiar with furnace, so need more info from you. Check for limit switches that might need resetting. Paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =