Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InterTherm

Hello, new here, just moved into a new house and I find the central heating unit seems to have issues.
    The burners on the heater fire up, good, they warm for about 1.5 minutes and the fan comes on. Great.
    Now, after about 2-3 minutes the fan shuts off but I can still here the burners working and hot air comes out through the air filters in the front panal.
    After about another 1.5 minutes the fan comes back on and runs until the burners shut off.
    There must be a sensor somewhere, or other widget, that is shutting the fan off when it shouldn't. YES?
    The furnace just seems to keep going on and off.
    Help
    Bob

InterTherm

Originally posted by Terros View Post
    Hello, new here, just moved into a new house and I find the central heating unit seems to have issues.
    The burners on the heater fire up, good, they warm for about 1.5 minutes and the fan comes on. Great.
    Now, after about 2-3 minutes the fan shuts off but I can still here the burners working and hot air comes out through the air filters in the front panal.
    After about another 1.5 minutes the fan comes back on and runs until the burners shut off.
    There must be a sensor somewhere, or other widget, that is shutting the fan off when it shouldn't. YES?
    The furnace just seems to keep going on and off.
    Help
    Bob
    The Inter Therm are great for that.There is a fan switch that needs replacing.
    You do have to test and see if the power is there at the motor. I have seen motors kick out from over heating a overload in the motor. Also to make sure you are moving enough air, take the blower out and see if the fins on the wheel and the motor needs cleaning. Paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =