Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat sensor

I noticed in my furnace this morning when it switched on at it's set time after being off all night..that it ran for about an hour still not reaching set temperature on the thermostat.. but getting close ..but it switched off..
    after a short while it switched back on and completed it's job to get it to set temperature then switched off again....could the heat sensor have kicked in because it was on that length of time and got hot.. then cooled and started again..or is the heat sensor suspect..thanks

heat sensor

Originally posted by Centurian View Post
    I noticed in my furnace this morning when it switched on at it's set time after being off all night..that it ran for about an hour still not reaching set temperature on the thermostat.. but getting close ..but it switched off..
    after a short while it switched back on and completed it's job to get it to set temperature then switched off again....could the heat sensor have kicked in because it was on that length of time and got hot.. then cooled and started again..or is the heat sensor suspect..thanks
    A thermostat, if internal setting are right, are made to keep a accurate temp.
    Some stats when you turn them 8 to 10 degrees down, and then back up, the stat knows that the furnace run a lot longer time so when the temp. get up to a point it will turn off the heat for a couple of min. to double check the temp in the house. Some of these stats are pretty smart. Paul

Comment

heat sensor

Thanks Paul...great info

Comment

Working...
      X
      =