Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobertShaw Grayson 7000 MVRLC

I have a 1992 Gas Technologies Gas fireplace with a RobertShaw Grayson 7000 MVRLC (711-701-415) gas valve. It has been on pilot for the past 13 years with our dog's bed next to the fireplace. With our dog's passing we would like to use the fireplace.

Would someone have the millivolt read outs to test the gas valve?

I have tested the high temperature limit switch with a multimeter and a lighter and it works.

The Thermogenerator when heated by the piolt produces a millivolt of about approximately 500. My meters are not calibrated to read that small a voltage accurately.

I cannot get the flame to beyond pilot. It has a wall switch that is suppose to start the fireplace main burner. When I turn the on / off switch at the base of the fireplace to activate the wall switch I hear a click and the pilot shuts off. The pilot will not restart until I shut the on / off switch.

Is the clicking sound the main gas shut off valve activating?

Thank you in advance and I have photo's that I can share.

Glen

RobertShaw Grayson 7000 MVRLC

Originally posted by Meseta View Post
    I have a 1992 Gas Technologies Gas fireplace with a RobertShaw Grayson 7000 MVRLC (711-701-415) gas valve. It has been on pilot for the past 13 years with our dog's bed next to the fireplace. With our dog's passing we would like to use the fireplace.

Would someone have the millivolt read outs to test the gas valve?

I have tested the high temperature limit switch with a multimeter and a lighter and it works.

The Thermogenerator when heated by the piolt produces a millivolt of about approximately 500. My meters are not calibrated to read that small a voltage accurately.

I cannot get the flame to beyond pilot. It has a wall switch that is suppose to start the fireplace main burner. When I turn the on / off switch at the base of the fireplace to activate the wall switch I hear a click and the pilot shuts off. The pilot will not restart until I shut the on / off switch.

Is the clicking sound the main gas shut off valve activating?

Thank you in advance and I have photo's that I can share.

Glen
    Its really hard to test the power without having the right tester. It doesn't take much power to keep the pilot lite. With a tester all i can tell you is make sure the wires are clean and tight. It could be your power pile is week, or it could be your gas valve is pulling too much power. Paul

Comment

I have the same Robertshaw 7000 and I can't keep the pilot light to stay on. I

Comment

Pilot light won't stay on

I have the same Robertshaw 7000 and I can't keep the pilot light to stay on. I can get it to ignite, but the pilot won't stay lit. Does anyone know how to obtain an owner's manual, or know how to troubleshoot?

Comment

Just for a test, get a hearing aid battery and an old thermocouple or thermopile. Positive of the battery goes to the center contact and negative to the valve body. try lighting the pilot. If it stays lit, then the thermopile is bad.
          The thermopile has a thing that looks like a button with threads on it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =