Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nortron Electric Furnace

I have a Nortron Electric Furnace that runs well most of the time. Periodically it will kick out and to start it up again, I have the flick the switches on the back a few times and then it will run for a few more days. I have changed the thermostat but it made no difference. For what it's worth, the green thermostat light is never on.

Nortron Electric Furnace

Originally posted by nkarcher View Post
    I have a Nortron Electric Furnace that runs well most of the time. Periodically it will kick out and to start it up again, I have the flick the switches on the back a few times and then it will run for a few more days. I have changed the thermostat but it made no difference. For what it's worth, the green thermostat light is never on.
    I don't know what all you have for safety switches but a limit switch could be kicking off. I heat relay might not be staying made.
    I guess a would first check line volt power to make sure it up to at least 118
    per. leg. Then i would check the 24 volt power to make sure you are not getting any voltage drop to any controls like your relays. All 24 volt controls need at least 24 volts to them nothing less. Check for burned and lose wires.
    What is this switch that you are kicking off and on? the main power switch?
    You need to leave the cover off so you can electrical check to see if stat is made , if limit is open, if heat relay is made. Just kicking a switch will never let you know whats going on. To do this you would need a good tester and then send me a wiring diagram so i could tell you how to start testing. Paul
    paulm989@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X
    =