Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman DES 80 furnace issue

Hello-

I am hoping someone can help me out on this. I have a Coleman DES 80 gas furnace. I have the thermastat set at 72 but the house will get really cold down to like 65 and the furnace will not come on. The vent motor will be running, but the furnace will not ignite and there is no hot air blowing nor the blowing is running. If I turn the furnace off and on a few times it will eventually ignit and come on. Thinking I need a new electronic igniter assembly? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian

Coleman DES 80 furnace issue

Originally posted by Brijoe00 View Post
    Hello-

I am hoping someone can help me out on this. I have a Coleman DES 80 gas furnace. I have the thermastat set at 72 but the house will get really cold down to like 65 and the furnace will not come on. The vent motor will be running, but the furnace will not ignite and there is no hot air blowing nor the blowing is running. If I turn the furnace off and on a few times it will eventually ignit and come on. Thinking I need a new electronic igniter assembly? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian
    What type of igniter assembly do you have? glow bar or spark. Is this a 80 plus or 90 plus furnace?. A few pic. would help. Paul

Comment

Well the furnace says Coleman D.E.S. 80 but it does not say plus on it and I dont see anywhere that it says des 80 plus. I am not sure whether this is a glow bar or spark. If I had to guess I would say a glow bar as I do not hear a click click before igintion as I would assume you would hear if it were a spark but I could be wrong. I included a picture of the furnace, the blue and grey wires on the bottom go to the HSI as indicatied on the wireing diagram. The hsi wires go into the burner box where I assume the HSI is located.

Comment

Well the furnace says Coleman D.E.S. 80 but it does not say plus on it and I dont see anywhere that it says des 80 plus. I am not sure whether this is a glow bar or spark. If I had to guess I would say a glow bar as I do not hear a click click before igintion as I would assume you would hear if it were a spark but I could be wrong. I included a picture of the furnace, the blue and grey wires on the bottom go to the HSI as indicatied on the wireing diagram. The hsi wires go into the burner box where I assume the HSI is located.
        Yes it is a glow bar. Would it be possible to show us a wiring diagram. The pic. does not show everything. Paul

Comment

Here is a picture of the diagram, Hope it came out ok thats the best I could get it.

Thanks

Comment

Here is a picture of the diagram, Hope it came out ok thats the best I could get it.

Thanks
            I got your diagram ok. on the bottom of the diagram its list the controls.
            I can't read the numbers Can you mark them with a ink-pen, and also mark them up in the diagram with a pen. They are too small on that yellow paper.
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X
            =