Air handler will not blow

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dderrickson
    New Member

    • Jan 2011
    • 3

    #1

    Air handler will not blow

    I have a Carrier air handler and a Bryant compressor/air conditioner about 6 years old that supplies cool or warm air to the second floor.

    When I turn on my thermostat to cool the air handler will not blow air. The compressor will come on and the evaporator coil and refrigerant lines are very cold. I can hear that faint noise that comes from the coil/refrigerant lines when you know it is working. If I take both breakers out at the air handler, wait about 5 minutes and then put breakers back in fuse box the air handler comes on.

    First time I did this, it blew for a few days, second time a day, third time until it reach the lower temp setting at the thermostat and now it comes on for a second and stops.

    I turn the A/C unit off at the thermostat, there was ice/frost building up on the coils. I have the fan set to 'on' at the thermostat. The air handler will come about every 10 minutes blow air for about 5 seconds then stop. I left the system set to fan 'on', and woke up in the morning to fan blowing constantly. Currently the therm. set to A/C off and fan to on and blower comes on.

    Model # for handler: FC4DNF036000AAAA
    Serial #: 3006A87948

    It seems like capacitor problem, but then blower will come on. I don't see a capacitor. The wires from the blower motor, 1 goes to circuit board and 3 others go to this thing looks like a chunk of metal. On those same terminals are wires that run to circuit board. Is this a sensor?
    Last edited by dderrickson; 03-29-2012, 12:19 AM.
  • doorrepairsac
    New Member

    • Oct 2009
    • 13

    #2
    Is that a screw type of compressor?

    Comment

    • paul52446m
      Journeyman

      • Nov 2009
      • 690

      #3
      Change out the circuit board. Paul

      Comment

      Trending

      Collapse

      • hawkins111
        Laser 730 over firing
        by hawkins111
        Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
        The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
        11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
      • 911Restoration
        Fireplace Woes
        by 911Restoration
        Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
        09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
      Working...