Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace fan cycles on and off every 15 minutes when furnace is off

I have a gas furnace that is in the off postion, but the fan cycles on and off every 15 minutes....oddly enough for 2 "sessions" duing the day it runs for a shorter period of time (from 8-5 pm and from 11pm -2 am) Any ideas?

fan

the fan runs off the plenum temperature sensor. this is a helical spring in the plenum chamber above the heat exchanger.

Comment

fan

look inside under the cover. there's an aluminum dial with two pointers. your span between on and off is too close. re-adjust for a farther apart proportional band.

Comment

HayZee518
        Thanks for the reply. In looking at the power reading graph (smart meter snapshot every 15 minute ) Even though the furnace/AC is switched off at the tstat the fan seems to run at very specific consistent intervals every 15 minutes. Additionally, for two "time periods" during the day, it changes to a different run time for every 15 minutes for an 8 hour period. To me it suggests that somehow the Tstat is still active somehow....I am going to try to remove the tsat from the base and see of that makes any difference. The house is empty and everything else has been unplugged.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =