Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore furnace not staying lite

I have had problems with my Kenmore furnace model# NTC6100GFA1 it will start as normal and runs for 1-3 minutes then gas will go out for 4-5 seconds then reignite and stay lite for 25-35 seconds then repeat, 4-5 seconds off then 25-35 seconds burning and does this over and over until the temp is reached on the t-stat. I have changed the filter, inspected and cleaned the flame sensor rod, checked the limit switches for continuity and all seems fine. the blower motor stays on during this process. I have also checked the main board and the gas regulator and do not have any LEDs to check for error codes.

Thermostat ?

Just a suggestion and a shot in the dark but have you checked the thermostat ? If that is not working properly it could be calling for heat on and off. You could jump the thermostat wires to bypass it and check. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by smtchell View Post
      I have had problems with my Kenmore furnace model# NTC6100GFA1 it will start as normal and runs for 1-3 minutes then gas will go out for 4-5 seconds then reignite and stay lite for 25-35 seconds then repeat, 4-5 seconds off then 25-35 seconds burning and does this over and over until the temp is reached on the t-stat. I have changed the filter, inspected and cleaned the flame sensor rod, checked the limit switches for continuity and all seems fine. the blower motor stays on during this process. I have also checked the main board and the gas regulator and do not have any LEDs to check for error codes.
      Sounds similar to my symptom. Cleaning the flame rod got it working again. There was dirt on the insulator but the rod itself was clean. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =