Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armstrong Air Ultra SX 80

On my Armstrong Air Ultra SX model # GUJ100D-12 the combustion fan motor turns on, the conditions are right in the combustion area, the burners light up, the blower fan relay clicks on, the blower fan pushes the heat though out the house the problem is when the blower fan shuts down the relay clicks really loud, never heard this before until now. What is causing this relay/switch to be so loud, what has to be changed?

relay???

It's odd that a relay should be loud. Maybe it's loose where it mounts in the control panel.
    An "ice-cube" relay is plugged into a socket that is screwed or riveted to the panel interior.
    The relay uses a spring to open the contacts when there's no operating voltage on the coil.

Comment

Thanks HayZee518 for that information. What I found out it was on my Aprilaire humidifier model 560 - #4010 transformer made by Peter Paul Electronics.

It was not the furnace like I first thought it was making that loud clicking /clunking noise, at first it was hard to pin point, when the humidifier kicked in that was the culprit.

Thanks for the troubleshooting reply.

Comment

humidifier

the humidifier is a revolving belt in the air stream. it picks up water from a trough on the bottom and directs it into the air flow.
        its motor contactor is in the control panel.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =