air fuel ratio

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • paulmars
    Handyman

    • May 2010
    • 32

    #1

    air fuel ratio

    air fuel ratio question.

    On my oil heater adjusting the air band and shutter I see the flame getting larger and larger as i decrease the air. Set to the smallest air intake the flame is the largest. I never see smoke.

    I did a complete tune up last season and noticed this condition, then and again this season.

    Your thoughts?

    thanks,
    paul
  • paulmars
    Handyman

    • May 2010
    • 32

    #2
    between 0 and 1 on smoke spot test. 475° F flue temp before barometric damper.

    Comment

    Trending

    Collapse

    • hawkins111
      Laser 730 over firing
      by hawkins111
      Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
      The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
      11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
    • 911Restoration
      Fireplace Woes
      by 911Restoration
      Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
      09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
    Working...