Cast Iron baseboard - how to seperate sections

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • notime2ski
    New Member
    • Nov 2004
    • 1

    #1

    Cast Iron baseboard - how to seperate sections

    I have a large addition we are completing, and in it are two
    long sections of Weil Mclain cast iron baseboard that I want to reuse. One length is 18 feet, the other is 24 feet. In order to use it in the new room, I need to break it down in sections. It is
    2 foot sections which are bolted together, I can't see anything else joining them together. Does anyone know the right way to break sections apart,without cracking the cast iron?
    Thanks
    John

Trending

Collapse

  • hawkins111
    Laser 730 over firing
    by hawkins111
    Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
    The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
    11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
  • 911Restoration
    Fireplace Woes
    by 911Restoration
    Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
    09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
Working...