Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for cleaning burners

I am a committed do-it-yourselfer, but I don't have much experience with oil furnaces yet. Just changing the oil filter occasionally. I would like advice on how to clean the burner myself. I have a Beckett AFG series. Also, I looked for oil ports on the motor and could not identify them, is it "maintenance free" perhaps.
    Thanks in advance for any advice on this, or on anything else that might be helpful for someone just starting his own maintenance.

New filter,nozzle,clean the blower wheel. check and set the electrode's. check pump psi. Should check draft and stack temp and CO2. Dont change the setting for how far the nozzle is in the air tube. Motor ,what can I say some do some dont
    go http://www.freepoolheat.com/oil.html

Should help you out. Any more ????? come on backwe will try and help.

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
    My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

On the burner make sure you get the same nozzle spray angle - too little or too much can burn out your combustion chamber. There should be a bleeder port - looks just like a bleeder used on car brakes. CO makes use of a manometer for oil/air mixture for complete combustion. CO2 uses a detector that goes in the stack for measuring emmissions.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion, that's really helped me a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinc419 View Post
          I am a committed do-it-yourselfer, but I don't have much experience with oil furnaces yet. Just changing the oil filter occasionally. I would like advice on how to clean the burner myself. I have a Beckett AFG series. Also, I looked for oil ports on the motor and could not identify them, is it "maintenance free" perhaps.
          Thanks in advance for any advice on this, or on anything else that might be helpful for someone just starting his own maintenance.
          The info that you have been given is all good, but if you don't have the burner
          set up with a combustion eff. testing equipment, your chances of having it
          burning right and not sooting up will be slim. It is very costly to buy these testers. Later Paul

Comment

use a little soaking, and a little assist from baking soda, to get most grime off your stove top. This should work well to clean glass stove tops as well as cleaning porcelain stove tops.

Get a contractor at hire-a-contractor-now.com/ for your home improvement project.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =