Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain in the Attic

Ok, well here's what happened: We were getting a new roof and the company tore off the entire roof and then realized that they didnt have the shingles. So, we had the worst thunderstorm in ages that night and there are spots all over our ceiling in our house. The company came in and said they will paint everything, but they are giving us the runaround about getting in the attic and checking things out. The thunderstorm was Tues night and we are still noticing new spots on our ceiling today. My question is: What needs to be done to the attic? Anything? Or am I worrying too much? Thanks for all your help. (We did get the roof on yesterday, by the way)

I don't think you are worrying too much! Do you have a friend or someone else that can get up there and check it out? I think you need to get an outside opinion. Don't rely on their opinion, especially since you are still seeing spots!

How do they not realize they didn't have the shingles? Either you have a very small roof, otherwise that many shingles would be hard not to miss!

Let us know what happens!
    Try

Comment

Start with your casualty insurer.

They can supply the experts to assess your situation and deal with the contractor's liability insurer to make sure you get the rpoepr work done. That's what you pay them for.

Comment

Because of the potential for mold growth, you want to get on their case immediately. Get your insurance company to add their voice to that. Fast action prevents problems. Dawdling creates big problems. Go to http://www.epa.gov/iaq and click on Mold Resources or a mold related menu item for the EPA's Guidance.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =