Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needle valve evaporative cooler

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out... i just sent my husband to the hardware store to pick-up a gate valve (the type that feeds a washing machine) to replace a deteriorated valve on our swamp cooler. Well, the guys at ACE sent him home with a needle valve. What the heck is a needle valve and, now that it is installed, do I need to adjust it or does it do that automatically?

Thank you for any help,
    scribbs007

Lost here for sure Id say get a book. I dont see why are how you had a gate valve on the swamp cooler. No that is not the type valve you would use on a washing machine. they are more like a boiler or sill drain C**k. When you say needle valve. that should be one on the swamp cool water line in. it goes in to the saddle valve set up for water to go into the cooler. you would put it on a water pipe and it would make its own hole in the pipe if you have it on open it all the way .As the float in the cooler will let the water in

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
    My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

What he got was a self tapping saddle valve. A T handled valve that foes over copper tubing and fastens in place with two screws and a gasket on the upper half. The outlet is a 3/8" brass compression fitting - could also be 1/4 inch.
      When the handle is screwed in it punches a hole in the tubing and shuts off the water. When you turn out the t handle it opens up the hole and water flows to the solenoid valve on the float valve of the swamp cooler.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =