Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeywell manual heat pump thermostat

[?]I have just purchased a house that has a heat pump. My last house had a programable thermostat. I have never used a heat pump thermostat before so I am at a loss when it comes to setting it so it will work in the colder months. The AC is easy but where do I set the selector to get the pump to work? My back up furnance works fine but I need a little info on what the EM at the bottom of the thermostat stands for. Any input will be welcomed. Thanks--Ray

What do you have for back up heat? If it is like oil or gas theen you will have a set temp when it goes over to them and turn off the heat pump. The EM should stand for emergency heat. Like if your heat pump goes out then you go to EM or some call it AUX heat.

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

Ed, First of all thanks for the reply, The heat is all electric. The lettering on the thermostat on the top is "EM Aux.- Aux. Heat" with a red light that lights up after the lever at the bottom is moved into "EM heat". The bottom lettering is "Em heat-Heat- off- Cool" Should I leave the lever at the bottom in the heat positon in the colder months. As for the lever at the top it lets you adjust to a temp. level. When should I manually move the lever into the "Em" mode or position?--Thanks again--Ray

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Raymond Lee

When should I manually move the lever into the "Em" mode or position?--Thanks again--Ray
        Emergency heat should only be used when the condenser can not generate enough heat to keep you comfortable. Keep in mind that when you switch it to emergency heat you are running just the heat strips which will add $$$$$ to your electric bill. It is best to run the heat pump as much as possible unless $$$ is not object to you. Usually you will not have to run the emergency heat unless it is around 32 degrees outside.

Brandon
        - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Brandon
        - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

Thanks Brandon, Money is a concern of us retired people. I will not use EM heat unless it is too cold. -Ray

Comment

I think you will find that when the heatpump cant keep up to heat the home the strip heaters will kick in after a 2o drop at the tstat. You only go to AUX or EM on the tstat if the outdoor unit dont work.

ED

Comment

Thanks I will keep that in mind--Ray

Comment

Working...
              X
              =