Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating and cooling

I am having a problem with air flow to my bedroom on the 3rd floor,however my sons bedroom is next to mine and air is released in his room, my unit is in the basement and I was told to look for dampers that control the flow of air and I can't find any,I dont think this unit is equipped with dampers or valves as someone else described them, so now I sweat in the summertime and freeze in the winter time,I have been in this house since july of 2002 please help or suggest something.
    thank you

rob9212

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

I would assume that your run is fed from his run meaning the one duct runs strait to his room and your run branches off of it. Keep in mind air follows the path of least resistance so you would have to more than likely close off his register to force more air into your room. Providing that they share a common supply!

If by chance you have your own supply duct then the closing of registers to force more air your way is a viable solution! But you would have to close off other rooms also to force more air your way! Finding a happy balance is tough, Not knowing how the duct run are ran makes it even harder.

Sinario..... If you had more than two elbows back to back on your run it would make air slow way down to the point of stopping short of its destination. Do some investigating and try and see how its run. Use a black marker to identify pipes and where they go through out your house, Install in line dampers in the runs so you can adjust air flow from the basement other than closing registers.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =