Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation Line for A/C

The condensation line for my A/C unit currently is being ran via pvc and hose from the unit in the basement our thru the garage and out the door.

My questions is there anything that can eliminate the pvc and hose? I was hoping there was some type of device that would collect the water and allow it to evaporate. I don't want to bust up the concrete floor to run a drain line.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

I always wondered if you could tie it into the drains somewhere. Mine is next to a sink. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to send it that way instead of a pvc pipe running through my basement?

Is there a reason you shouldn't do this? I never see it done, surely someone else has had this idea before me
    [?]

Comment

You can use a Condensation pump and pump the water anywhere you want! You will still have a 3/8 hose running to a floor drain or outside.

Handyandy, The reason its not drained into waste lines is the sewer gasses that can be released! But after the home is built who's to say you cant drain it where you want.

16x80

Comment

Working...
      X
      =