Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were cold and furnace does'nt work

My Furnace won't work...Its a Arcoaire by Snyder General GDE series...The white tube about 3.5" long glows red and it attemps to go but then goes out...It sometimes works if i turn the power of but only a couple times if it doesnt work after 3 times a red light flashes on the white box on the right side of furnace when looking at it...
    Any ideas??
    Darceman

Just off the top of my head, I would say it is the flame sensor. This safety device tells the system that there is a flame. In the event of no flame it will cut the gas off. As it is the systems thinks the flame is not on.

Count the flashes of the red light. There should be a flash code someone on the unit that tell you what each set of flashes mean. When you turn the power off it resets everything.

Fixing it could be as simple as cleaning off the flame sensor with very very fine sand paper or steel wool. If that dosn't work call a pro.

It's a great life.

Comment

Thanks BenTMann,

I was having a similar problem this evening except that my unit doesn't have the red lights option!(Goodman unit). After cleaning the Flame Sensor, it is alive and well once again!! I promised myself that I WILL pick up some spare parts (read ignitor and Flame Sensor)to have on hand, just in case. What a great forum!!

-Mark

Comment

Working...
      X
      =