Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lennox condensation not draining

Hi all.

About every two days I have to dump a couple cups of water out of the inducer. Looks like a drain problem to me, but no clogs found. What gives?

I have a Lennox G62 gas furnace, 'bout 3 yrs old. Last week, it stopped. Diagnosed that the "inducer" (fan that exhausts the burn gases) was full (well, a few cups) of water. Emptied the water checked for obvious plugs in the drain system. None found. Repair guy attributed the condensation to clogged air filter causing condensation to occur later in venting because of inadequate air flow... So the filter was removed.

If it was so easy...

Now every two days, I have to dump water out of the inducer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Soggy in Seattle,

john

It seems to be that as soon as I say something, it becomes clear I should have kept my mouth shut. Maybe too much coffee in my chocolate this morning.

And having said that, I heard water sloshing in the fan again. Went to empty it. And being a determined (fill in blank), I started going thru the drain tubes again to verify they were clear. The first one, at the bottom of the boot attached to the inducer, was clogged with a small bee. And a few other smaller bugs. When you blow one way thru the tube, the plug was loose enough to seem clear. The other direction, not so good.

Cheers,

john

Comment

Working...
    X
    =