Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting Gas Stove Vent Pipe

About 7 yrs. ago I had a contractor install a Heat-N-Glo gas wood burning in my patio room. He used Security Chimneys Model ASHT for the pipe. The gas wood burner is installed with a simple vertical exhaust out of the top of my roof. I now have to move this stove in order to have a new floor put in this room and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the pipe disassembled enough to give me clearance to pull the stove out of its present place. I know there must be an easier way than me just undoing the pipe from the stove and then having to push it up further through the roof in order to get enough clearance to slide the stove out from under it. If I do this, I will have to reseal everythng on my roof where the pipe enters. If you can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

sadly, you just answered your own question...there's no easy way.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I was hoping someone would tell me that there might be something inside the stove I could remove that would allow me to let the first section of pipe to drop down some in order to slide the stove out. Oh well, looks like I will be hiring a contractor to do the job for me. Again, thanks for the response.

Comment

the really bad part is that most units have twist lock pipe that twist together to install, twists apart to uninstall. This makes the disassembly even more challenging, but it can be done.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =