Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensate Pan Drain

Okay let's try again, I asked this question last week with no results ! I am trying to get at the condensate pan drain under the a-coil of my home AC unit to what I believe remove a plugged area for the drain, during a recent excessively high humidity period the pan was leaking at the a-coil, the condensate pump was working fine (float not stuck) but water entry was just a slight trickle, the question is HOW DO I GET AT THE PAN for a clear view, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by buckscrape; 08-07-2006, 12:19 PM.

the a coil needs to be moved away from the pan somehow. check to see if the saddle valve is all the way open. is the water feed that of the 1/4 inch copper variety? try changing to 1/4 inch pex that way corrosion inside won't be a problem. for the drain is there a trap on the outlet of the pan and does it feed directly into your house drain or just to a sink?

Comment

The piping is of PVC construciton and comes directly from threaded outlet of a-coil down to a small condensate pump located nearer the floor of the basement then pumps out through to the septic drain.

Comment

It would be a big job getting to that condesate pan. If the pan is overflowing then it's likely that there's a bit of gunk in there that's clogging the drain port or the pvc piping is clogged up. An easy fix would be to remove the pvc pipe and suck on the pan drain port to clear it. I know it sounds yucko but it'll do the trick. You should also pour a water/bleach mixture down the pvc piping to clean it out before reattaching it to the drain pan.

Most times the drain piping is just a clear flexible hose so if you can't detach the pvc piping then you may need to cut it and reglue it in order to clean it out.

Also, make sure you change your filters often, this helps in preventing the clogging. Below is a link that'll help you out.
        http://www.rd.com/content/openConten...ontentId=18069
        Last edited by kactuskid; 08-08-2006, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =