Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace fan stays on, won't re-ignite

The problem: With my fan set to "auto" on the thermostat, the furnace and fan will turn on at the appropriate time, and the furnace will stop heating when the temperature meets the desired temperature. The problem is that occasionally the fan will remain on after the furnace has stopped heating, which blows cool air from the basement throughout the house. When this happens, the furnace never comes back on to heat the house, no matter what the temperature is. To fix the problem, I have to manually shut off the furnace and turn it back on.

This doesn't happen every time, but it happens at least once every two days. I had the ignitor replaced just 2 weeks ago ($252?), thinking that was the problem, but that hasn't fixed anything.

This happens regardless of whether the thermostat is in auto (programmed) mode or manual mode. The furnace is a Luxaire, and it's about 11 years old. I'm not sure of the make of the thermostat.

First-time home-owner...any help would be appreciated![?]

Ok, I realized that there's a diagnostic tool, and the warning I'm getting is "rollout open." Could someone tell me what the problem could be, and where the rollout is located?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =