Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sears roebuck coal converted steam. HELP

its starting to get chilly ,so i started the pilot on my converted system . I can see where pressure is building but no signs of temp. I turned the the new digital wall thermostat up and nothing ,I cant hear no banging or nothing like something is not coming on. i just bought this house 2 months ago and the system worked then. I did turn the pilot off to save gas. is there something i am missing here ANY IDEAS??

maybe there's air in the lines. at the radiators look for an air bleeder. these are little things that screw into an eighth inch pipe opening in the radiator. should be able to shake them to see if they're limed up. Check the blow down valve on the boiler. This looks like a black T shaped valve with a turn knob on it. It turn a quarter turn to drain the boiler or blow it down. If its working very hot water with maybe rusty water may come out - be careful! should blow the boiler down about once a month then check the boiler water through the gauge glass. keep it about 3/4 full gauge.

Comment

Are you getting any flame when the thermostat is up?

Are you sure it is steam and not hot water?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =