Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked out eBay and got the relay replacement number, then went to two other sites and found the same relay for about two bucks cheaper.
    I found the relay at www.southsidecontrol.com, telephone number 1-800-572-3389
    ST82D1004 Honeywell ST82D1004 Time delay relay. 80 sec.
    Fan manager delay on break relay. 24 volts. DPDT relay rated 12A @ 120V. 80 second delay on break. R8222 with delay circuit.

Price: $27.27

If you want to go the EBay route all right with me - Write back and tell me how it goes.

Comment

did you also tell me that the guy at grainger supplied you with a motor? the specs call for a 1/2 HP motor NOT a 1/3 HP at 1075 rpm.

Comment

I took the unneeded relay back to Graingers. I found a Trane parts dealer nearby and stopped in to see if they had the part. The clerk took a quick look at my old relay and didn't even ask for a part number. He handed me a new and improved model. It doesn't even resemble the old piece. I thought sure that he had made a mistake but he assured me it was correct. I had avoided the dealer route expecting high prices. Plus I was unable to locate the part on the internet at any Trane site. Charged me less than $30. Happy to report the old Trane is now working properly again. Thanks HayZee for all your help in diagnosing the problem. I'm sure there are many besides me who are grateful for your expertise in solving problems. By the way, here is a drawing of the replacement part. http://www.homerepairforum.com/image...s_022_w550.jpg Thanks again!

Comment

What we do here in the home repair forum is make people happy again. If they can troubleshoot a prospective problem and give us some insight as to what the problem is, I'm sure we can work out a fix to the problem. Sir, I am most grateful that I was able to serve you in the positive means. Good luck with your a/c. Don't forget that home repair forum is here for you!
          HayZee

Comment

Working...
          X
          =