Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole house humidifier treatment

Can anyone recommend a good water treatment to put in the pan of a whole house humidifier that will reduce how often I have to replace the media pad and clean the whole thing out? I seem to get a lot of deposits on the pad and the pan pretty quickly.

I don't think a humidifier treatment would help because the pan is being continually filled off the float off the water line. the water must have a high concentration of lime or traces of sulphur if its fed from a well. city water also has lime in it.

Comment

Yea, I'm in Chicago, so that's probably it. Is there anything I can put on the water line that would help? I've seen supposed "water treatment" contraptions that you hook up to the outside of the water line. Not sure if those actually do anything though.

Comment

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try something but in the long run, the media is gonna get gooed up with calcium and lime and the slimy mess you sometimes find in drains. On a cooling tower like for a nuke plant they have a water curtain that air blows through cleaning the air and humidifying it. too bad they don't make something like this for the house.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try something but in the long run, the media is gonna get gooed up with calcium and lime and the slimy mess you sometimes find in drains. On a cooling tower like for a nuke plant they have a water curtain that air blows through cleaning the air and humidifying it. too bad they don't make something like this for the house.
          Thanks. Guess I'm gonna just have to stock up on media wheel pads and change the thing every 2 weeks!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =