Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryant furnace blower works, but pilot won't light.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant furnace blower works, but pilot won't light.

I have a Bryant Plus 80 gas furnace that is about 11 years old. The blower works just fine and the thermostat clicks on when I turn up the heat. The pilot will not light even after I reset it. Does this model have a thermocouple? If so, does that sound like the problem and how do I know where it is located?

this I take it is a standing pilot. The thermocouple or millivolt generator should be right in the pilot flame when it's burning. it may also be a cappillary tube going from the pilot to the main valve (mechanical open) if it is a thermocouple or millivolt generator look for two wires coming back from the pilot orifice, if it's cappillary there won't be any wires just a very small diameter copper tube going back to the main valve.

Comment

I called a Bryant dealer and they told me the Plus 80 model has a flame sensor and not a pilot. They suggested I replace that since it could be a carbon build up problem. Is it better to replace that or clean it? Thanks!

Comment

just clean it up carefully, and who knows, it may last several more heating seasons before needing another cleaning/replacing. if not, simply replace it.
        Like almost everything, various items need some tlc once in a while, try it,and you will be surprised on the amount of $$$$ that can be saved.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =