Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Connections for electronic valve

I am installing a normally closed electronic valve in my hot water baseboard system. My question is about how to connect it. The valve has two red and two black wires, which require 24v.
    On my system, there is TV and T connections (thermostat) and B1 and B2 which is connected to the electronically controlled exhaust valve.
    Would I connect both red to B1 and both black to B2?
    In that scenario, suppose that the thermostat is still calling for heat, but the boiler shuts off because the water temp is sufficient - wouldn't that mean the exhaust valve closes and would then mean the new valve shuts off (thereby stopping the flow of water through the system even though the pump is running)?

Please help. Thanks.

two of the wires are the valve solenoid, two are a normally open switch for aux equipment. is this a TACO valve?

Comment

Reply to HayZee

HayZee.
      Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It is a Honeywell V8043. See below. And sorry, they are yellow and red wires. The two yellow wires go directly into what looks like a solenoid, the two red go into a plastic piece (which I have no idea what it is)

Can you provide details as far as how to connect this? THANK YOU

Below is what is read on the box:
      2 position, straight through control
      3.5 Cv capacity
      Integral line voltage end switch permits operation of auxillary equipment
      End switch rated for 4.4A running, 26.4A in rush at 120Vac; 50 VA pilot duty at 24Vac
      On power failure, vavle spring returns closed

Comment

two yellow wires go to the heating element on the valve stem - voltage applied heats the element and opens the valve. Two red wires are a n.o. switch. when valve opens switch closes. aux equipment can be attached to this limit switch. i.e. a burner controller. normal zone valve operation, thermostat operates the valve which closes a set of contacts connected to the burner control. once the valve is open burner starts. up to temperature the thermostat opens shutting off power to the valve. valve closes and opens the aux switch which shuts down burner

Comment

Followup

I kind of understand. Based on the diagram that I emailed you, can you be more specific to which exact terminals I would connect the two yellow wires to? Also, does n.o. indicate normally open? Finally, so in my case the red wires go unused?

Comment

Honeywell Zone Valve

See if you can follow this diagram. The two orange are for the aux switch on the valve. I looked at a site, the valve is a motor driven valve with a spring return closed.

Comment

I am wondering if you could be more specific. I do not understand which terminals I should connect the yellow and wires to. Please help. Thanks.

Comment

if you want the valve to open with power applied connect to the two red wires (24 volt) yellow or orange is the aux switch inside the valve. normally open type.

Comment

More info

HayZee, thank you. You have been most patient. I have decided really do my homework on this, and in doing so, realized that I have any additional problem. I have e-mailed you an exact diagram of the electrical system.
                  Two issues:
                  1) When I turn on thermostat 2, (as you can see by the wiring), it does energize RA89A relay and Circulator 2, but it also energizes thermostat 1, which in turn energizes L8148E and Circular 1, thereby heating both zones of the house. Which is obviously NOT what I want. How should it be wired, so that each system goes on independently of each?
                  2) I still am confused as to where I connect the yellow and red wires of V8043 to the system. I am mostly confused because I do not get a 24v reading on any terminal other than the thermostat terminals. Based on the diagram, can you tell me exactly which terminal I would connect them to?

Please help. Thank you!!!

Comment

HayZee,
                    Also, I just realized something, because the system has been running incorrectly (with Zone 2 thermostat turning on both zones), I wonder if I even need the HoneyWell V8043 valve? What do you think?

Comment

zone1 & zone 2 valve connections

I have drawn up a diagram on how to connect up your two zone valves. each valve will operate independently of each other, but also each valve will operate your burner. from what you told me the way its wired now, one valve needs to be open to operate the other valve. this doesn't make sense. follow my diagram and it will work.

Comment

I do not understand your diagram, because I can not tell what terminals you are saying to connect to each other. I do not understand where the 24v transformer, burner relay or zone 1/2 valves are in the honeywell.

Would it be possible to show me a diagram using the actual schematic from Honeywell....L8148E, Damper, RA89A, etc... as I did in my diagram? OR can you manipulate the diagram I e-mailed you to reflect how it should be connected.

THANK YOU!!

Comment

boiler and zone valves

I took your diagram and re-drew it according to the way it should be connected giving you control over your two zones. the thermostat for zone 1 operates its zone valve, the aux switch turns on the recirculator for that zone and starts the boiler. the thermostat for zone 2 operates its zone valve and the aux switch on that valve turns on its recirculator and because of the way its interconnected, the damper will operate and turn on the boiler.the only change is the way the aux switches from both zone valves connect to their respective relays - also the box you drew with the two wires is a 24 volt transformer to feed the zone one thermostat. I added some wire to operate the zone 2 thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =