Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make up air

I'm a new member so I'll start in HVAC, but please let me know if I should ask this someplace else. Anyway, my wife and I are building a new house, and as the norm these days, we're making it as tight as we can. We've installed a van ee air exchanger to exhaust stale air/bring in fresh. And the natural gas boiler is in it's own little room with a vent to the outside for make up air and another vent through the ceiling (per the boiler mfg. directions) {also has a b-vent chimney of course}. But I got to thinking, we will have an electric clothes dryer that will be vented to the outside, but where does the make up air come from for it? It looks like a lot of air goes through it. Has anyone ever heard of make up air for an electric dryer?

not unless the house is super tight. there should be enough of circulating air in the house to allow make up air. I have never seen a house with a negative pressure inside as opposed to the outside. I suppose it could happen. any burner that uses nat gas or propane uses lots of air to make things burn correctly. electric just relies on existing house air.

Comment

to avoid any negative pressure when the dryer is running have your HRV air exchangers' intake /exhaust calibrated via a 'magnehelic' air measuring instrument.
      Most Hvac techs will usually set this up for less than $ 75. Well worth the money for your peace of mind and safety.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys! Can see I'm going to like this forum!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =