Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving T-Stat to 2nd Floor

Hi,

I am looking from some advice as to whether I should move my thermostat to my second floor. I live in a 1500sq ft two story home. My basement is also finished. My main floor is mostly "open concept" and it seems that when spending any time on that level, my t-stat will not call for heat - making my second floor colder by about 2 degrees. If I spend time in the basement or second floor, the t-stat will call for heat more regularly. There is really no other location on the main floor. Are there any downsides to moving the t-stat to the upper level? Would this seem like a good solution?

Thanks for the help.
    Adam

get a T-stat that will allow remote sensors, and program it for a weighting factor that you like. that way you will average the whole house..
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

the remote sensors make real good sense, but price them and consider the cost in your installation. you could get another stat and parallel it with your other one downstairs, just remember the higher one [adjusted] will take over the other one.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I had considered a second t-stat but wondered if it served any purpose if the upstairs was always cooler? Would the second upstairs not always override the main floor one thereby rendering the main floor t-stat useless?

What brand of t-stat is out there with remote sensors?

Adam

Comment

look here

Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Working...
          X
          =