Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant Plus 90 Problems

I searched a bit and didn't find and answer so I am wondering if you guys can help. BTW, this forum is great. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people here. Anyway...I have a furnace Bryant Plus 90that doesn't seem to move to much air and seems to cycle very frequently. The air that comes out of the registers just barely trickles out. I let is run for a while and felt the case of the blower motor after a cycle and it didn't even seem warm, so I don't think the blower motor is being thermally shutdown. The other weird thing is that the when the thermostat turns the furnace on it seems to run for 5 minutes or so, and then stops. It cycles for 5 minutes or so for a very long time until it reaches the commanded heat. I did find the inducer motor to be quite hot to the touch. I assume that this is not correct and will need a new one. I think this will solve my cycling issue, but still don't know what it going on with the amount of air the furnace is moving. The furnace was like this when I moved into the house, so I don't know what it was like when it was new, or relatively new. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    -Bob

was anything done to the motor lately??? the cycling could be limits taking it in and out.... is the motor turning the right direction??? that will cause low air flow..
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Bryant Problems

No neither the inducing motor nor the blower motor has been serviced recently. I assume both motors are spinning the correct direction. Wouldn't that reverse the flow? I mean air is coming out of the registers, just not forcfully. I would think that if the inducing motor were spinning the wrong direction the pressure drop the furnace looks for to open the gas valve wouldn't be seen either. Thanks for the ideas though.
      Last edited by Schloads; 01-30-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

check for lubrication holes on the motors. could be a dry bearing as you say maintenance hadn't been performed in a while. the motors use oillite bearings which ia a porous sintered bronze bearing fastened in a felt self aligning spider. the felt dries out the motor shaft starts to wear the bearing. if yours is a belt drive see that the motor tension bolt is tight and that the belt hasn't stretched out. the fan is probably a squirrel cage design, check its bearings to but they might be ball bearings. for short cycle check the heat anticipator on the thermostat.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =