Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magicstat CT3200 isnt controlling DC solenoids

Hi,
    I hope someone has had eperience with this. I have a new Honeywell Magicstat CT3200 Thermostat which is controlling our newly installed central air. I am unsuccessfully trying to incorporate my old HW Baseboard into this thermostat. I am using the "R" and "W" terminals for the heat control. The "Rc", "Y", and "G" terminals are used for AC control. (The jumper has been removed). The problem is that thermstat does not turn off the system after the demand is satisfied. The display says the "system" is off but the "relay" on the thermstat has not opened the cicuit (even after a half hour). I have a 35 year old+ Hydrotherm furnace with 24VDC (yes DC)Electrozone solenoids. Is the system compatible?
    Thank for your time!, Chris

As far as I know, the Magic stat that was made approx 5 years ago would not be combatible with a steam or gravity system, although the Manual claimed it would work with HW Baseboard sytem.I think it will depend on when this stat was made. If in doubt, you can call Honeywells customer assistance 800 #. Good luck, Hube

Comment

Thanks for replying Hube,

Honeywell 800# was useless

CHris Hanrahan

Comment

Working...
      X
      =