Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water baseboard.

I have a series hot water heating system that I am looking to modify. I would like to replace the copper pipe that runs through a large clothes closet with baseboard. The job itself is simple but I just wanted to veriy one thing. I will be introducing air into the system that will have to be removed. Since I don't have any bleeders on the baseboards I am assuming the Taco Air Scoop will take care of it for me? Am I making the right assumption? Thanks for the advice.

just sweat in a coupler or tee or elbow that has a bleeder on it when you cut in the baseboard.
    you can buy them at any hardware store.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
    <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

techguy,

You are right that the Taco Air Scoop (Air eliminator) is designed to purge any trapped air from your system automatically. By adding the manual purge valve as Joe suggests you can bleed most of the trapped air quickly and the Taco will take care of the rest. Air is the worst thing for your heating system and getting rid of it quickly and easily is important.

Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
      'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

That makes sense. I'll just add my own bleeder. I'm a little surprised it was never done in the first place. The construction is only 7-8 years old. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =