Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman furnace electrical surge problem

I had a new Coleman furnace installed last April. It does have a circuit board. My problem is that when the electricity goes off and comes back on, I get a surge that turns on the fan. The fan continues to run even with the thermostat off. The flashing lights that indicates the normallyclosed contacts in the rollout switch has opened. The furnace will not cycle. When I turn off the electrical switch on the furnace and turn it back on, the furnace resets and is fine. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I would hate to be gone in the winter and have a power outage and come back to find a frozen house with only the furnace fan running with no heat. I called the installer and he did put a surge transformer or something on it and the problem still exists. He said to contact the electric company.

a surge suppressor can be bought that'll connect right across the main panelbox or individual circuit. all it is - is a spark gap that bypasses spikes to ground to prevent downstream problems.

Comment

you have a model number?? maybe a look at the wiring on the roll-out safety
      Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Model number

the model number is M9S120D20UP11H

Comment

Wht kind of sruge protector?

What kind of surge protector do I need? Where can I get one? Can I put it on the side of the furnace in line with the on off switch? does it matter which side of the line I put it on? Will any surge protector work like the ones for computers or is it a special one?

Comment

Whole house surge protection

the picture that follows is a whole house surge protector. It mounts in the MAIN panelbox directly across the main cables and the neutral strip. You'll need to pull the house meter to connect it up to the main leads.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =