My unit is coming on and blowing in the house, however my outside fan will not stay on and is the motor gets hot very quickly, if left off for a long period of time, it will come on and blow for 10-20 minutes sometimes but then the fan stops and it just hums loudly. I tried pressing the contact switch but the fan once heated I guess will not spin hardly, it moves very slowly. should I be replacing the fan or capacitor? Thanks for any help I can get.
Rheem RAKA-048JAZ
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Doesn't matter if it has ball-bearings or oillite, once they dry up, the surfaces are scarred and new bearings are needed. With small (1hp and below) it's makes the most sense to buy a new motor instead dicking around with new bearings. Sure you can jam some oil in there and make it run for a while, but the damage is done and it's a matter of time before it goes out again-like during that nice party you're throwing!Comment
Trending
Collapse
-
by hawkins111Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....-
Channel: Toyo Heaters
-
-
Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
-
Channel: HVAC
-
Tag Cloud
Collapse



Comment