Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud explosions noises????

I have a house that is about 12 years old and I have the orriginal furnace so it would be the same. We are hearing these explosions sounds and I happened to be in the garage during one today.

What is happening is that there is a flame that shoots out of the grill type cover that creates the noise.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and if I would be able to fix it or should I pay the money and call someone???

Thanks,
    Jed

With so little detail, it would be impossible to give any proper advice. It could be faulty ignitor or valve.Best to call a SERVICE TECH as this is could be very dangerous. "Explosions"in a furnace are not normal. It will be well worth getting this fixed. Hube

Comment

Thank you for the advice...Do you know is there is a list of quality service techs? I want to make sure that I don't find one that is just going to charge whatever he wants

If you would like more info, just let me know what I can provide. Thanks,
      Jed

Comment

When does this "explosion" happen, with the burner on ,with the burner off? when it first lights up,? or when its finished the burner cycle?. Also in your PHONE BOOK there will be sevice tech's under. HVAC, or FURNACE REPAIRS .. And yes,they do charge what THEY want,(usually competitive prices) not want YOU want to be charged. Hube

Comment

Working...
        X
        =