Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Noise from Vent

Hello,
    I have a York A/C system (Model #G2FD060H24G) and now have a noise coming from just one of the vents.. It is the vent closes to the unit in the attic. I have inspected the unit and can't find out where the noise is coming from. I have pulled off the front panel and do not see anything in there either... How or can I access the magical silver box that all the duct work is attached to. It appears to be all covered by black 'tar'. I am sure that is the source.

Sounds like just something is loose..

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

normally where you have a rigid duct connected to a (movable) duct you'd normally use a vibration transition fitting which is nothing more than a rubber membrane in the form of a duct (round or rectangular) and this is connected between the two ducts. check to see that it isn't rubbing metal to metal, there should be some space between the two.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

I see that the duct work is all covered in what looks like black tar around the joint. So I plan to cut a line in this and remove the duct work from the unit. I am sure that will show the problem. However, what is this black tar?? I would prefer not to just 'duct' tape it back if there is a better solution.

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X
      =