Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooftop heating and AC in California

I have a rental house with a rooftop heater and AC unit in So. Calif (Redlands). I received a call from the management company that says the AC is not working well. The repair company says the heater's heat exchanger has a hole and needs to be replaced. It is under warranty but will cost 800 to replace in labor.

They also say the cooling unit is dirty and will cost 550 to clean before they can figure out what is wrong.

These costs sound very high to me.

What should this cost. Can anyone recommend someone good in the Redlands area?

Thanks

don't know about pricing in california but I do know cleaning a system is quite labor intensive. as far as the heat exchanger goes, a hole in it is very hazardous. CO-2 and carbon monoxide emissions are hazardous to your health and may cause death! [not pleasant] get the heat xchanger replaced.

Comment

Cleaning the rtu condensor and evaporator coils does not take very long at all, unless this unit is very hard to get to on a real tall roof the 550 price you were told is outrageous. If the heat exchanger is rusted or cracked you will need to get this repaired.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =