Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier 48SS

Hi! I have a Carrier 48SS030 problem. (1) The indoor fan motor does not kick in when the unit starts. Could the large condenser/capacitor (CAP1 on the side of the motor bracket) be the cause? (2) Also, the wires for the motor assembly ripped off the circuit board upon disassembly. I only reconnected blue (to BM) and yellow (to L2). How about the brown and red cables? (It's a multi-speed motor, so I guess they are needed...)

what do you mean the wires got ripped off the circuit board? the capacitor wires are usually brown - brown/white. a multispeed 240 motor uses different colors for the speeds. those are located on your control schematic.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      what do you mean the wires got ripped off the circuit board? the capacitor wires are usually brown - brown/white. a multispeed 240 motor uses different colors for the speeds. those are located on your control schematic.
      I used the schematics to connect blue (to BM) and yellow (to L2).
      The schematics has red going to BM, yet there's only a second unused L2 header on the circuit board. And blue is tagged "030" (my model), red says "036,042,060" in the schematics.

Looking at the schematics again, brown/white and yellow seem to connect, so maybe I should connect my brown to the 2nd L2 header?

But that still leaves red unaccounted for.

Any idea?

Also, if I need a new CAP1 (or even indoor fan motor), where could I order that?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =