Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tappan electric furnace schematics

Hello all, and thanks for your time. I'm currently rehabbing a house that has a Tappan electric forced air furnace. It is a four coil unit and initially I found one of the coils bad, a resistor was burned, and a limit switch showed resistance when closed. I repaired these items but the coils glowed but didn't turn off when the blower did after temp was met. I took the sequencer out and found one of the contacts fused together. I pried apart and cleaned these and all other contacts. After re-installing, the coils don't glow any more like before even when the blower is on, I am getting heat, but it seems to be blowing cooler air and taking a long time to warm the house (7 degrees in two and a half hours going from 41 to 48 degrees only). All the coils and resistors are still ok so I'm thinking the sequencer is still an issue. My local parts guy can't get an identical sequencer but he said he can match one up if I bring a schematic. Hence, I can't find a schematic. Can anyone help with any type of info or a schematic I can use to solve this? Thanks again for any advice.....Greg
Working...
X
=