• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Furnace no gas some times????

Hi I have a York furnace gas :

10-12 YO
    M/N PBKM-LD14N100E
    S/N EGDM264145

The problem in the furnace goes through it's cycle as normal it seems. But the gas valve doesn't open ( no clicking, no flow), so it recycles 2 times and shuts down a I get the code lockout- check furnace. the first time it did this I checked all the connections (electric) all seemed clean and ok, I checked the rollout relays none were open I jumped the 3 relays on the top of the flame inlet, and the furnace started. I figured that was the problem, so I bought new ones to replace them in the mean time the furnace stopped working again. So it wasn't the relays, but now I have them. So I noticed that the furnace is sporadic, it starts and doesn't at will. I had a furnace tech (air Tech of NJ) come to check it out he said it could be the flame sensor, or the vacuum switch or the manifold is broken. Well I looked at the manifold it looks great, it is a stamped steel type. On the old furnace which this one replaced, it had a cracked cast iron manifold. Anyway replacing the flame sensor doesn't seem like it would be causing the problem, doesn't that sensor detect flame when the unit is running and close the gas valve if the flame goes out before the heating cycle is done? The flame doesn't lite because gas isn't flowing, the vacuum switch I don't know what that does, anyway he said he checked all the connections and replaced the flame sensor and the unit has been running good for the last 2 weeks till last night.

At around 6pm when the T-stat called for heat the unit cycled and the fan came on with no heat. I called the service guy and waited for a call back. anyway through out the night I heard the unit come on a few times and the house was warm. this mourning the heat came up and the next time nothing. and still nothing. I looked at the unit and it doesn't look like the repairman ever replaced the flame sensor because it is still dusty and the surrounding area looks like it was never touched. I don't know what he did the first time. I looked in the chimney and the metal exhaust pipe from the unit to the chimney and no obstructions.

I am selling the house and have insurance for the house and Air-tech is who the ins co sent. I don't know if they are the best, they really don't sound very convincing when they tell what they think is wrong. I like to be able to tell them what might be wrong.

Thanks for all and any of your help.

Scott

The vacuum switch ir air damper switch proves a difference of air potential between the combustion chamber and the stack. Its function is to provide the electronics with proof that there is air flow to the combustion chamber. The thermocouple for the pilot generates a millivolt signal that keeps the pilot valve open with pilot gas flowing. pilot goes out, pilot valve shuts down. if you have a hot surface igniter, this has a varying resistance cold and in operation. It is used in the main gas valve circuitry. the thermocouple looks like a dull copper color bulb about 5/16" thick and about 2 inches long. the sensing area is a small copper part maybe 3/8" long by 1/8" thick. a copper cappillary runs its length to a hex gland that screws into the main valve [pilot valve] part. inside this cappillary is one insulated wire. at the hex gland area it connects to the silver tip that goes into the valve. at the other end it is welded to the copper bulb. this weldment forms a j-k thermocouple junction and generates a millivolt dc voltage for the pilot valve. its output is in the 750 millivolt dc range. if you want to try to nail down your tech, look for shiny plier or wrench marks on the two nuts that hold the thermocouple in its holder.

Rapid LED: Incorrect 24 Volt Phasing.
    1. Flash: Flame with Gas Off.
    2. Flash: Pressure Switch Stuck Closed.
    3. Flash: Pressure Switch Stuck Open.
    4. Flash: High Limit Switch Open.
    5. Flash: Rollout Switch Open.
    6. Flash: Lockout Caused By Pressure Switch.
    7. Flash: Lockout Caused By No Ignition.
    8. Flash: Lockout Caused By Loss Of Flame.
    9. Flash: 115 Volts AC Power Leads Reversed.
    11. Flash: Broken Rollout Wire.
    *Fault is a soft lockout which resets automatically after one hour*

IGNITION ACTIVATION PERIOD

RETRIES 2 times
    VALVE SEQUENCEPERIOD21
    INTERPURGE 60
    POST-PURGE 15
    LOCKOUT TIME 272
    DELAY TO HEAT ON 30
    DELAY TO HEAT OFF* 60/90/120/180
    DELAY TO COOL ON 0
    DELAY TO COOL OFF 45
    AUTO RESET 60 minutes
    Last edited by HayZee518; 11-21-2008, 02:44 PM. Reason: specifications

Comment

york problem

WOW Great info Thanks a lot!!!!! I have it running again!!!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =