Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humidification without furnace running

Hello HVAC Gurus,

My home has a propane forced air furnace with a variable speed blower and a central humidifier (a General Power Humidifier 1099). Due to the high cost of propane, I mostly heat my home with a corn stove.

To help distribute the heat, I have the furnace set to run on "fan only". I'd like to wire the humidifier to run when the furnace is on this setting and not just when the furnace is fired up. Is it possible to do this? Is it something that a reasonably handy person could do himself?

Also, the furnace fan runs very slowly when set to the "fan only" setting. Ideally I'd like to increase the fans speed somehow to humidify and distribute the heat a little better. Any way to do this?

Thanks

It can be done but the wiring will need to be changed and the fan motor may be hooked up on the low speed on the control board of the furnance. Can you tell us what furnance you have so I can try to find a wiring diagram of the furnance to tell you what needs to be changed. This may get a LITTLE COMPLICATED so if your not use to wiring I would let it be

Comment

do you have the output of the corn stove ducted into your existing hot air plenum? maybe you could set the fan limit a bit lower so it comes on sooner. the humidifier, which should be running whenever the fan runs will come on.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =