Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistent Heat

I have a BDP gas pack, model# 588ANW030080ABAD that will heat properly for about 2 hours; then it will only blow cold after that. I have to remove the buss fuses from the outside power box to re-set it. Then it starts to work for the next couple of hours before the cycle begins again. This is the second winter in a row with no relief in site.

When it runs for the 2 hours, does it cycle normal then try to restart, or stop heating while the fan is still running? Is this an 80, 90, 93, or 95% furnace? If a 90+% furnace, make sure your condensate drain line is draining properly.

Comment

I am having the same problem with my heater. I sent someone out to fix it twice. First time they said i needed to replace the control board because it had a short in it. i did that and it didnt work. then they told me they needed to replace all my wires. i did that and that didnt work. It seems like there is no end in sight. What do I do?

Comment

first of all don't believe everything you hear otherwise you'll drive yourself to the poor house! find the schematic and post it here. one of us sparky's will have a look at it and give an idea what to look for. did these people that said you needed a computer board replace the old one or are you stuck with the new one? same with the wiring harness.

Comment

Furnace working then blows cold

I am having the same problem with my Trane. We have lived here for about 4 years and have had the problem for 3 of those. It has been serviced and were told it was about 10 years old. It can go an entire day without a problem and then I'll get up it the morning and it will be 60 degrees in the house. I'll fiddle with the thermostat switch upstairs and turn it off for a few minutes then I'll turn it back on and it will be fine for a while then it will just start to blow cold. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Comment

To all!!! I can not find "BDP gas pack model 588ANW030080ABAD" at Bryant or Carrier. Can you make sure of the model number. Is this a gas only furnace or gas AC/heat pump? On the Trane unit-what is your model number? Assume it is a gas furnace, or gas AC/heatpump? The more info would be a big help. Would like to get you warm again.

Comment

Sorry it's not a trane it's a comfortmaker guh super high efficiency series

Comment

OK. But what is the model number? Is this a gas only system or gas/heat pump? What is your wall thremo (make/model)? Comfortmaker is not sold in my area, but with the proper info. I might be able to find some info on the unit.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =