Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our AC keeps turning off, please assist

Hi guys, this forum is a great find, unfortunately my first post will be asking for help

It is so annoying, I hope you guys can help me!

My dad is very cheap and he won't call in a repairman to come and help us, and one time, he did, the guy charged us $30 and did nothing.

Here are photos of where the problem occurs:

This is the unit, frigidaire

This is the inside of it, notice the top left component

This is it, what is it? Notice how the sticker is thorn from me having to poke it, because when I poke it it turns on.

Now, sometimes, there is ice in it, is that what would cause the AC to shut off?

What I do to turn it back on, is I poke the black thing in the TOP LEFT, the one in the close up picture, with a screwdriver until it starts up, what is that part?
    Can it be replaced?
    I checked all the connections that go to it, and still no luck, and poking it turns it on for 2 minutes and it shuts off.
    This has been going on for a year, how can I fix this problem?
    Sometimes the AC works fine, but sometime it is just a pain to turn on and off.

Please help me, my sweat and body relies on you guys

Thank you in advance,
    dvaesedum

what your hitting is the fan reley, which is sticking, when the a/c runs with no indoor fan thats why you get your ice build up. this is a very simple fix. you can find that reley for about 15-20 bucks.
    Last edited by hvacwiz; 12-28-2008, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Well, I'm not hitting the fan, I'm hitting that black thing in the corner, and I don't think the fan is frozen, because it moves when it turns on, so what is that black thing in the top left?

Comment

Like i said its the FAN RELEY you are hitting.

Comment

Ohhh, I thought you just misspelled the word really.

So how can I fix this senor? Replace it?

Comment

Is it RELEY or Fan RELAY?

Comment

its relay, my bad, and yes you will need to replace it.

Comment

Are there different models and types of it? What store could have this item, so I know where to go, because I do not know of any stores that might carry this type of parts around the area where I live (Tampa Bay)

Comment

bump ,

Comment

click on this link, Grainger Industrial Supply ,type in "relay "in the search box, then click on fan relay and you should find what you need.
                    Last edited by hvacwiz; 12-31-2008, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for your support! I will come back with any additional questions.

Comment

HVACR > Controls > Relays > Relay,Fan,24 Vac : Grainger Industrial Supply

what do you think of that, will the 24 vac one work?

(the sticker on ours is all torn because of the hitting)

Comment

bump .

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =