Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trane Gas furnace Ticking Sounds

Hi
    I have a Trane single stage gas furnace. Some times there many ticking sounds from the pilot when the furnace is trying to start, in other times no ticking sounds at all, called Yankee gas for service, they have changed the pilot, it worked very good for a week or so with no ticking sounds.

Today the ticking sounds came back, I will try to call for service again, but before that can someone in this forum advice if this could be thermostat related? Or not? My friend told me that my thermostat is old and could be sending faulty signal to the furnace igniter, please help me, should I go ahead and buy new thermostat and see if the ticking noise goes away or should I call for service.

PS. The furnace works good, just the ticking noise is what really annoying me.

Thanks for any help.

just to test your theory, jumper out the two wires and see what the furnace does. the thermostat is just a switch. if your ignition is a spark plug, the clicking is the spark jumping a gap in the gas flow.

Comment

Trane furnace

Hi HayZee518 -

Thanks for your reply to my question; my furnace is working well now and the ticking noise went away, do no know what caused tot tick nor what caused to go away.

Thanks and best regards.
      JU.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =